Simple Spring Greenery Wreath
It seems like the seasons are passing so quickly! Spring is already officially here and summer is right around the corner.
To celebrate the season, we decided to put a fresh greenery wreath together for this week’s DIY. There’s something about a fresh wreath that gets us really excited about the new season! This one is so simple, the entire project can be completed in under fifteen minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wreath wire ring
- 2 types of the greenery of your choice (we chose fresh lemon leaf and olive branch stems from our local florist that we suspected would dry nicely, but you can use whatever speaks to you!)
- Green floral wire
- Begin by threading a bundle (3-4 stems) of your first type of greenery through your wire ring, securing the stems with floral wire.
TIP: Make sure each of your stems are all going in the same direction. If you secure them facing both directions, your wreath could start to look busy.
- Add your second bundle over the stems of the first bundle to camouflage the stems. Secure with wire. Continue this process around the ring until you have a greenery base that covers most of the wire ring.
- Incorporate your second type of greenery throughout the wreath until it begins to look full, and your wire ring is covered. Again, being sure to secure each stem pointing the same direction as your first type of greenery. If your stems are poking out, feel free to trim the ends.
- Secure to your front door or in your home and that’s it! A simple wreath that will dry and look great throughout the season!
If you want to give this extra color, weave in a few fresh florals too. We suggest billy balls! They dry pretty and add a nice pop of yellow.
Be sure to tag us on Instagram (@joannagaines and @magnoliamarket) if you try this out in your own home!