DIY Wooden Display Ladder
Blankets and throws are essential to any living space. Not only are they great to have on-hand for chilly guests or for snuggling up on the couch, but they also add color and texture to your space. The trick really is just deciding how to display them.
Organizing and storage is not limited to plastic containers, as there are many useful yet design-oriented ways to organize your space. We suggest a basket like these, draping them over the back of your sofa or using a display ladder.
Magnolia Market actually sells a metal display ladder that is perfect, but if you’re feeling crafty, we’ve put together a DIY display ladder for you!
They are easy to assemble, create a fun display and add character to your living or bedroom.
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 – 2″x3″x8′ planks
3 – 1 1/8″ x 48″ dowels
1 1/8″ paddle drill bit
1. Lay the planks on their side and use a tape measure to mark where you will drill your holes. These were marked 12″ from the top and then 18″ apart.
2. Use a t-square to find the middle point of the plank to draw your drill points, ensuring all of the holes will be drilled precisely in the right spot.
3. Using a 1 1/8″ paddle bit, drill a shallow round in the 2″x3″ planks. You only need to make a small groove for the dowel rod to set in.
4. Cut the 1 1/8″ dowels into 5 pieces, measuring 17″ each.
5. Place dowels inside grooves and assemble ladder.
6. Drill long screws through the outside of the planks and into the dowels to secure in place.
7. Sand any rough areas in the wood and wipe thoroughly.
8. Use your favorite wood stain and follow manufacturer’s instructions to stain ladder. We used “dark walnut”.
**This ladder is not strong enough to support human weight. Do not use it to climb.**
This display ladder could also be placed in your bathroom to hang towels or in a bedroom to organize scarves or belts. You could even add a couple of hooks to either side and use it to hang hats, scarves or jewelry. Make it your own and, as always, enjoy!