DIY Setting a Springtime Table
There is something extra special about gathering around the table for a meal with family, isn’t there? It’s so nice to pause from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, have a seat, and catch up after a long day at work or school with the family. Though it’s true that this is definitely not something you’ll always have time to do, every now and then it makes an ordinary lunch feel extra special by setting a pretty table.
Today we’re going to demonstrate how easy it can be to set a pretty spring table without breaking the bank (or your back.)
– Line the bottom of the crate with plastic – we used a black trash bag.
TIP: Check your local florist for wooden floral boxes, which already include a plastic liner.
– Measure and cut foam oasis to size of container (you can find these at the florist or craft store.)
– Soak oasis in water until it no longer floats and place in your container.
– We started with the larger flowers first. (the Hydrangeas)
TIP: Dip the freshly cut stem of the Hydrangea in alum (available in the spice section of your grocery store) as this will ensure the hydrangeas last longer after they’re put in your foam oasis.
– We then insered the tulips, making sure we cut them in varying heights for interest and balance.
– Insert some taller greenery.
– For the apples, we used a floral skewer and inserted it at the bottom of the apple.
– Place apples in container, hiding some of the floral oasis and filling in any gaps.
– Similarly, take additional greenery and place around the container, making sure all sides look balanced.
– We chose to add a couple of pink tulips for a fun pop of color.
– Lastly, we placed moss in between the slats of the crate to conceal the foam.