DIY Father's Day Fishing Lure Bookmark
With Father’s Day just around the corner, we came up with a practical and unique gift idea for you to make with your kiddos. This is one of those special handmade gifts that stands the test of time, and makes dad smile years down the road when it slips out of his favorite book unexpectedly, and reminds him of the kids.
With a little help from you, your little ones will love gifting this to Dad or Grandpa on their special day!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Monofilament fishing line
Permanent marker (optional)
1. Carefully cut treble hook with pliers.
2. Cut desired length of fishing string and add 4″.
3. Tie a single bead at the end of the string, leaving approx. 2″ at the bottom. NOTE: The bead will help keep the rest of the beads from sliding off .
4. Have your child thread their desired color pattern of beads onto their string (leaving 2″ of free string at the end).
5. Optional: Write a message such as “daddy”, “love you dad”, etc.
6. Use the excess 2″ of string at the end to tie onto the lure.
7. Tie the excess at the other side (side where the first bead was tied) to a fishing swivel…and you’re done!
Alternatively, you can skip the beads and simply tie a cotton string to the lure and swivel as pictured above.
Another idea is to buy Dad a new book and use the bookmark to mark a little note in the front that you and the kids write. No matter how you decide to present it, these whimsical and fun fishing lure bookmarks will be sure put a smile on his face. Enjoy!